Every two seconds of every day someone needs blood for surgeries, cancer treatments, serious injuries, blood disorders, and more.
The American Red Cross has graciously announced that during the month of November, 164 generous donors across the Outer Banks potentially saved 486 lives with blood contributions. However, the need for blood is constant and your generosity could greatly impact the life of someone in need.
“Lifesaving care starts with one person making a generous donation; a single donation can save up to 3 lives.” said Frank Spruill, Red Cross Blood Donor Ambassador. “You can truly help give the gift of life and hope to patients and their loved ones this holiday season”
The need for blood is constant. If you are healthy and feeling well, schedule an appointment to donate blood by visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767). The actual donation takes about 10 – 12 minutes, and the entire process from arrival to departure is about one hour.
Red Cross December Blood Drives:
- December 7
- Cape Hatteras Anglers Club, Buxton – 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Corolla Fire & Rescue, Pine Island Station – 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- December 13
- Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, Kitty Hawk – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- December 14
- Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, Kitty Hawk – 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- December 28
- Pitts Center, Town of Southern Shores – 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.